Thursday, December 13, 2007

Welcome

Welcome to the Blogspot for General Guitar Gadgets. I'm JD Sleep and I'll be hosting this blog. I thought it would be good to have a place where people could get sort of behind-the-scenes information about what's going on at generalguitargadets.com. I'll try to post lots of useful or at least interesting information here that goes beyond what you see on the "News Flashes" on the site. This also provides you with an easy way to give feedback to me and other readers by posting comments.

First item of discussion is the General Guitar Gadgets e-Newsletter. It's been almost six months since we introduced the email newsletter on the site and we have only a few hundred subscribers. If you are not subscribed you have missed three fantastic sales including a week long sale 30% off of everything on the site sale this fall! I'm not sure if there is a fear of being spammed from signing up or maybe the Newsletter sign-up is not prominent enough on the site, but the numbers are discouraging. I can assure everyone, you will not get spammed or sold out by signing up and I won't bother you too much, only with important news. Newsletter subscribers have the best opportunities for special sale prices!

6 comments:

Ola Rossehaug said...

Good idea, JD! I'll bee reading your blog!

Brian Wampler said...

Great stuff JD - I look forward to reading!
brian

Ted82858 said...

Thanks JD,

I'm sure this will be another good place to share ideas, etc. We appreciate your efforts and sharing information with us.

Ted

Spankster said...

Alright JD- Fire it up!!!

Gordo said...

This is great JD! Makes it a bit more personal.

Anonymous said...

I'll also be reading.

It's worth pointing out that the newsletter subscription option is a little hard to find and use. That might have kept subscriptions down.